Look again at some of the words in the Quizlet for The Lake (Chapter 3):
narrow, property, ripped up, wooden, barking, suspiciously, nodded, a luxury, ambition, hush
Choose the best word to complete these sentences
1. The dog’s ______ disturbed everyone.
2. In England, the police might arrest you if you enter private ______ without permission.
3. Many people prefer to have ______ floors in their houses: they are easy to clean and beautiful to look at.
4. When he was a boy, it was his ______ to own a car such as a Rolls Royce.
5. He liked everything about the house except the ______ garden.
6. A private yacht is ______ that few people can afford.