Look again at the Janitor (Chapter 3) and choose either so or because to complete the sentence (There is a clue in the punctuation to help you!)
1. Mr Green gave the taxi driver twenty pounds, so/because the driver gave him eight pounds in change.
2. The taxi driver said ‘good luck’ so/because Mr Green had a new job.
3. Mr Green saw a chimney, so/because he began walking towards it.
4. Mr Green was able to open the boiler room so/because there was a key in its lock.
5. Mr Green switched on the light in the room beside the boiler so/because it was dark inside.
6. Mr Green wasn’t very unhappy so/because the room was clean.
7. Mr Green didn’t eat immediately so/because he felt sleepy.