Look at chapters 4 and 5 of Sweet tooth. Complete these sentences using either ‘before’ or ‘after’
1. ______ Wendy reached the top of the stairs, she listened but heard no sound.
2. Wendy wondered if she had made a mistake with the date of the appointment ______ she opened the dentist’s door.
3. ______ a loud buzzer sounded on the receptionist’s desk, the woman told Wendy to go in and see the dentist.
4. Wendy felt a little nervous ______ she went in to see the dentist.
5. Wendy thought the woman looked like a raven ______ she went in to see the dentist.
6. ______ the woman reassured Wendy, Wendy noticed that the woman had sharp teeth.
7. ______ the dentist appeared, Wendy thought about leaving.
8. The dentist pulled over a large light ______ he began to examine Wendy’s teeth.
9. ______ the dentist said ‘Streptococcus mutans’, he explained that it meant tooth decay.
10. _______ the dentist used the needle, he told Wendy to sit and wait.
Reblogged this on EMASUK and commented:
Good literacy reading comprehension for the Sweet Tooth story.